 |
| Dane's joker pumpkin. It says "haha" on the sides. |
 |
| I painted our family pumpkin white and added a tree, a blackbird, some leaves and a bat. |
 |
| I did a zebra pattern for my pumpkin |
 |
| And I made Bosty's into a spider. I liked his the best. |
 |
| We made butterbeer that was only so-so, but fun to drink. |
 |
| Before the carving/painting |
 |
| Boston distracted by popcorn popping in the distance (definitely my son) |
 |
| In front of an apple orchard |
 |
| 2 1/2 feet tall (31 inches to be exact) |
 |
| At the apple festival at Harvest house on Green bluff farms |
 |
| riding in the Pumpkin wheelbarrow, sucking on rocks and eating dirt. |
 |
| haha! This kid has the best faces. |
 |
| in the pumpkin patch |
 |
| Daddy and Boss |
 |
| Boss meeting a donkey for the first time |
 |
| on our way to Halloween festivities up at a local farm |
 |
| Absolutely love this man |
 |
| Just had to throw this picture in here. Boss loves to help Daddy with all of his handy work. |
|
|
|
|
Halloween is my 2nd favorite holiday of the year, and Fall is my very favorite season, so we have already begun the celebrating. We pulled out our Halloween/fall decorations the first of October and this year I made some Fall wooden trees to add to the mix. They are pretty cute. We got Boston's Halloween pictures taken and I must say he makes an adorable monkey.
We went to the Apple festival at Green bluffs this year and it was so much fun. We drank hot pressed cider, yummy carmel corn, picked out our pumpkins, some yummy apples and ran up and down the grass hills. I have attempted some yummy fall dishes that haven't turned out so hot. I made a slow roasted tomato soup that we didn't like, and we tried butterbeer but the didn't like the recipe. I did however make some delicious twice baked butternut squash and some awesome mini muffin pan pizzas.
I decided to paint instead of carve my pumpkins this year and I like how they turned out. It was kind of fun. Dane and I stayed up late carving, painting, baking pumpkin seeds and butter beer and listening to good music. I love this time of year. We have plans to go trunk or treating and maybe trick or treating. We live on a commercial street so I told Dane I have plans to lure children to our house, so that we get trick or treaters. I'm thinking lights up the driveway. :) I also hope to have some kids come over and drink cocoa and play in the leaves when our GIANT trees drop all their leaves. On the Sunday before Halloween I am going to make us a Halloween themed dinner with mashed-bootatos and pumpkin cheesecake bars...yum!
It should be a fun holiday season!
Just for the memories, here is a link to mine and Dane's first
Halloween together and our
2nd and our
3rd.
It's fun having a few holidays behind us now. We are on to our 4th Halloween! :) Dane and I have the best time together and I would have to say our first Halloween is one of my favorite all time memories with him.
1 comment:
You are so creative! I love the zebra pumpkin!! You guys do the funnest things as a family, Boss is a lucky little boy. pS I can't believe he is basically a toddler now!!
Also, I think we are blessing Summer at Josh's house because my Dad doesn't have Sunday's off from work so we need to do it in the evening. We get into town the 21st so that is all I know for now. I don't know if we have to bless her on a Sunday since we are doing it at Josh's house when we figure it out I'll let you guys know:)
Post a Comment