Sunday, November 2, 2008

HALLOWEEN!!!























Halloween is my second favorite holiday (Christmas is the first) and much anticipated every year, no matter how old i get. I do have to say, being around little kids makes the holiday so much more fun! My family that lives here in Seattle has a tradition of going trick or treating together with the kids, and then coming back to the Bradbury's to eat Jodi's famous, "Dinner in a Pumpkin". This year Jodi made us each our own individual pumpkins with a rice and beef stew inside. I had a blast last Halloween and I could not wait for Dane to spend this Halloween with me and my family. Dane and I got the 31st off months in advance. We started the day by going to out to a REALLY yummy breakfast with my friend Alex (it was supposed to be a double date, but her boyfriend didn't show up). Then when we were driving home Dane and I saw piles and piles of leaves covering the sidewalks by my house. I think Jan (Dane's mom) has influenced me a bit with her passion for leaves, because I just could not pass the leaves up. Dane humored me (as he always does) and pulled the car over. We grabbed my camera and jumped out in the pouring rain. We took a bunch of pictures with the leaves beneath us, but it still wasn't enough. I looked at Dane and said, "Dane, can we please lay down in the leaves to get some really fun pictures"? I think Dane thought I was kidding at first.... I was not. We counted to three and laid down on the FREEZING sidewalk. Rain was pouring down on us (which is why we look like we are sweating). My teeth were chattering like crazy and I kept putting my freezing hands on Danes neck to keep warm. Cars passing by must have thought we were crazy. As we headed back to my house I saw another really enticing pile of leaves that we just had to take pictures in. So, Dane pulled over again and we took more pictures in the leaves. We could not stop laughing. Then Dane and I went back to my house, dried our clothes, watched movies, carved our pumpkin, baked pumpkin seeds, and then spent the rest of the evening with my family and the kids! Halloween was my favorite day with Dane yet!


































4 comments:

Arielle said...

I think that it is totally funny that you made him pull over twice to take pictures in the leaves and that you actually layed down in them when it was raining! That makes me laugh. Plus it is something i would totally make Cort do except i can't handle the smell of some of the leaves right now!

Marty & Meghan Rich said...

Jill you are hot!

The Yancey Family said...

Halloween is also one of my favorite holidays! Christmas is always first! It keeps getting better and better now that Claire gets into it too.
You pictures are great!!

Petersons said...

Ok the pictures are really cute! Josh and I had a stupid halloween compared to that:)So I think it's only fair that you add us as friends because we added you as friends! (this is dane's friend josh)