Monday, October 29, 2012

Family update

I finally am caught up with pictures on my blog!  I hate when I get behind and I don't like to take hundreds of pictures only to have them sit in my iphoto folders.  So now they have been uploaded to the blog and I'm at peace.  :) 

So I'll update on the family. 

Dane is great.  He's been eating healthy and getting a groove with a healthier lifestyle and he's lost 30 lbs and still going!  He looks amazing and isn't even "dieting".  He's just making smarter, healthier choices.  I am trying to hop on the band wagon!  He also got a new job.  He loved his old job and it was  a tough decision to move on, but an opportunity came along that he couldn't pass up.  He's now the field marketing manager for the WA/OR region of US Cellular.  It'll involve some travel, but we don't have to move and we're excited for this opportunity for Dane. 

Boston is great and very 2!  He has opinions on everything and is a bundle of energy.  He's extremely loving and loves to give out lots of huggies and kisses.  He is really figuring out this big brother thing and loves to hold Isaac. He also goes up to brother all the time and says, "ooohhhh, hiiii"  or "sooo cuutteee".  Haha.  Wonder where he's heard that?  He really loves his brother.  If he's in a bad mood and notices brothers around, or sees him start to wiggle he immediately starts laughing and says, "brootthheer".  It's so cute.  He's also very proud and likes to show brother off to other friends and family.  Boston's really into Thomas the Train and Kipper these days and his favorite thing to play is "cars".  He can't get enough.  He likes to turn the movie cars on and act out every scene with his cars.  He never actually sits down to watch the movie, it's too inspiring.

Isaac is doing great and got over his first ear infection and seems to be feeling well.  I went off dairy for a while, but I'm not sure if it made a difference at all.  He loves rolling over, smiling, cooing and laughing at me, or brother, or Bonky.  and he LOVES to just stare at Daddy. He is the sweetest little guy with such a wonderful temperment.

Bonky (AkA Grandma) is my Mom.  She's been visiting and we have loved every minute of having her.  Boston gave her the nick name bonky.  We told him she was "Grandma" and he said, "Grandbonk", then one day when we were calling for "Graannnddmaa" Boston shouted "Boonnkkky" and it's stuck ever since.  She's been such a help, but mostly what I love is just her companionship.  I love having someone here when Dane isn't.  I love having one of my best friends to talk with and bounce ideas off of.  She's also the most active Grandma you've ever seen.  She runs around with Boss all day long, and plays all of his games with him and is constantly on the floor at his level.  If she's not doing that, then she's eating up cuddle time with Isaac.  They're good buddies.  He loves seeing her and has spent many hours sprawled out on her taking a nap. 

I am doing really well.  I couldn't have asked for a better postpartum recovery.  I didn't go through anxiety, I had an easy physical recovery and my baby is an angel.  However I haven't gotten a ton of sleep with Isaac getting sick and not being a fantastic sleeper.  Nursing's gone pretty good but we had a little bit of a rough start (it's just not an easy thing at first).  I just barely got my wisdom teeth pulled and man has the recovery thrown me for a loop.  Let me just put this in perspective.  I've recovered from a labor with an epidural, a labor without an epidural, a colonoscopy that I had to be awake for because I was pregnant, two other colonoscopys I was put out for, getting all of my teeth pulled but four when I was a kid, getting a hole drilled in the middle of my mouth for a tooth to come in when I was a kid, but NOTHING has been a harder recovery than getting my wisdom teeth pulled!  I never thought it would be this tough.  It has kept me in bed for almost a week!  After I had Isaac I was going on walks every single day and taking Boss to visit Daddy from day 3, but I tried to go trick or treating at the mall the other day and It put me in so much pain the rest of the day and I couldn't catch up.  I feel like a terrible Mom and am so grateful that my Mom's here to help because I'm taking all this pain medicine that makes me sleepy, so I'm dizzy and can't walk around much, but If I don't take the medicine I'm in so much pain I'm miserable and then It's so hard to get back on top of the pain. 

Anyway, it's been tough, but hopefully it will all be over soon and then I won't have to worry about my dang wisdom teeth ever again!  :) 

So life is really good for us in general and I feel like I'm getting a hang of this two kids thing. :) 

2 comments:

Marty & Meghan Rich said...

we need to phone chat.. a lot is going on with you. Miss you. I have to tell you the whole story of the full house uncle jesse thing. it was pretty funny.. thanks for picking up the phone so late.

Bexie Funk said...

wow, i hope you feel better soon! i'm glad you guys are doing great overall. i was not fond of getting my wisdom teeth pulled either but it wasn't as bad as yours! yikes!