Sunday, October 28, 2012

Boston turns 2!

Boss and Willow playing with Thomas

Boston's 2nd birthday

I grabbed every curious george book that the library had

Favors in old baby food jars with Monkey and banana stickers on them

The bananas and coconuts have activities on them.  Each child picked one off the tree and that told us what we would do next

We hung up Boston's quilt from Nana

Dane hung up this awesome display that I found on pinterest

The art table.  All the printouts are curious George activities or drawings


Art table for the smaller kids




Bear trap with Tio Beau

The food table

I made that two out of coffee filters, foam board and spray paint


We had lots of candy, homemade cookies, banana pudding, chocolate covered frozen bananas, fruit and cheese and pb and J's.







Isaac waiting for the party to start on his quilt made by Nana

Cousin Claire

Our gift to Boss tied with balloons (his favorite)




His buddy Braden



The pinata




Cake made by Tia Arielle.  She's awesome


Limbo




Sitting on the present stool











Party aftermath.  This was the pin the party hat on George game

stripped down

Boston had a great 2nd birthday!  Per usual I spent months planning Boston's party.  I have so much fun planning these celebrations.  I know Boston would feel just as loved if i didn't go all out, but I love a good excuse to plan and celebrate, and whast better excuse than my children?

My mom did the same thing for me growing up.  I wanted a kitchen party one year so she made all my friends and I aprons with our names sewed on them.  Even if Boss doesn't remember all the details it's still fun to make the memories.


pin the hat on the monkey
His party was curious george themed.  Books are a big part of our family culture, so first thing I did was rent every curious george book I could find strewn them all over the house.  We played pin the hat on the monkey, pinata, limbo and danced to some of Boston's favorite songs.  Boss had a blast at his party and it was fun for me to get to know more Moms.  Boss was a little confused this year, as to what days were special and what days were not.  For example on his actual birthday he woke up to balloons all over his bedroom floor.  If you know Boss than you know Balloons are the coolest thing on the planet, next to the moon of course.  He also had 3 of his favorite meals and got to eat fruit snacks for all of his snacks that day.  That night we went to the park with all of Boston's family and I made him a Boston creme pie and reeses pb cup rice krispy treats.  Then he had his special dinner date with Dad on a different night and his party on another night!  The days he wasn't spoiled to death very much confused him.  Whoops.  :)  We love Boston so much and he is certainly doing 2 well.  It's been one of my least and most favorite stages for him.  Is that possible?  I love watching him learn and grow and learn to be a brother and figure out his opinions on things.  He comes up with the funniest cutest things to say and do and Dane and I are constantly trying to discipline without laughing in the process. Kinda sends a mixed message right? 

We love you Boss! 

1 comment:

Bexie Funk said...

i have that problem a lot with my boys! i have a hard time hiding my laughter at some of the stuff they do!