Our Sunday after Halloween feast. I made A yummy roast with carrots and potatoes (a recipe from Martha Stewart) and a yummy homemade pumpkin pie.
We had a great time
We had such a fun Halloween week! Dane and I carved pumpkins, and made a haunted house, and he got me a beautiful bouquet of Halloween flowers! He did the same thing last year, so I guess it's becoming tradition. Halloween is almost like a birthday for me... I just love it so much! We started our actual Halloween day with breakfast and a movie. We then came back home, relaxed, put on a movie, and hung out, had a couple cute trick or treaters, and then we got in our Halloween costumes and met up with all of our friends. Every year in Rexburg Pinnacle (an alarm company) throws a huge halloween party. We all went to this party when we were single, and we thought it might be fun to go and dance, eat free pizza, and party... but when we showed up to the place.... there was not one car outside! Not even one! When we looked in the building, NO lights were on! We could not figure out what had happened, but it was obvious that there was no party going on. After waiting around outside trying to figure out what we would do, we found out that the party happened the night before, because curfew is later for single students on Friday, than it is on Saturday. Needless to say we all felt very old, and very out of the loop! Haha. The boys had heard Taco bell was serving free Halloween tacos so we all headed over there and had a great time. Then Natalie and Grant were kind enough to offer up there place to hold an impromptu Halloween party, we all split up and got goodies for the party (pizza, candy, soda, etc) and we ended up having such a fun time! We danced a little, ate alot, and played a REALLY funny game that kept us going all night long. So much fun...Halloween turned out to be just as wonderful as last year, (well almost... it's not quite the same without the nieces and nephews... but it came pretty dang close). I bought Dane a little card for helping make Halloween so awesome, and the card had a picture of a ghost in a bathroom on it, and a person in the stall reaching over, and trying to take the Ghost's sheet. The line read, "It's Halloween, don't take any sheet from anyone". hehe... I know... inappropriate, but Dane loved it... and the Ghost was very cute.
Hope everyone else had a great Halloween as well... now on to Thanksgiving!
2 comments:
I can't believe how cute your gingerbread house turned out! Totally love it! I don't know why I don't make gingerbread houses for EVERY holiday!
Jilly so fun to catch up on your blog. Maddi keeps wanting me to go back to the pic of her sleeping on you! :)
Post a Comment