Saturday, June 25, 2011

2nd year anniversary

The living room

detail on the fireplace

The hotel is Safari themed so pictures of animals were all over our room

Our view

Beautiful bathroom... pictures don't do it justice

I loved the mirrors

Boss LOVED the mirror

Koi pond in the lobby

The Giant Golden Rhino and Boss made friends

They gave us our own robes :)

haha I think this picture is pretty funny


Our silly, happy family

Poor Boss, he had to sleep in the same boring bed he sleeps in every night

Leaving

Sad to say goodbye as we relax in the cheetah print chaise lounge.  :)

Hotel lobby


Restaurant in the hotel


We stayed in the new Davenport, this is the Old Davenport

Beautiful, beautiful detailing

This basically looks just the same as it did over 100 years ago

I believe this is the Marie Antionette ballroom






gorgeous, comfy chairs and couches like this were all over the old Davenport lobby



For our anniversary we went to a hotel here in town called the Davenport.  It is a beautiful historic hotel and is probably the nicest one in Spokane (thank you orbitz)!  We had so much fun.  We brought Boss with us because,
1. We are not ready for an overnight away from him.  He still wakes up in the night, that would be just cruel to make someone else deal with.
2. He had croup.  So even if we weren't totally attached, we still couldn't of put him off on someone else. 
3. Boss is an angel baby, which makes events like these still totally doable and enjoyable.  We loved having little man with us and the 3 of us had a blast.  Also another bonus?  There was a living room and a bedroom in our room, so we still got our alone time. :)  
We had fun touring the hotel, playing monopoly in bed, eating junk food and just enjoying each others company.  We don't have tv at home so we also spent some of the night flipping channels and LOVING it.  Dane also surprised me with a beautiful purple bouquet, a gift card to Nordys (I can't TELL you how LONG it's been since I shopped there) and a fancy dinner date downtown (that Boston slept all the way through... like I said, Angel baby).  

Dane and I have loved the last 2 years together.  It has been so, so much fun and so rewarding.  I fall in love with him more everyday and love the life we are building together.  I've said this before and I'll say it again, marrying Dane was the best decision I ever made.

1 comment:

Bexie Funk said...

happy anniversary! and holy crap that looks like a nice place!