I had just moved back from California and was visiting a Besty at BYU Idaho. Dane was fresh off the mission, living with his best friends and playing in his band. I met Dane my first day there. We were instant friends. We hung out again the first day I moved to Rexburg and he became my favorite guy friend there. It took us about 3 years to figure out we were absolutely meant to be together, but I'm so glad we did! Sometimes I wish I could of figured that out back when we first met (Dane was a bit smarter than me and had this figured out quite a bit sooner than I did). Maybe we'd have 3 kiddos by now and we both would have finished school much sooner, but at the same time I think we're even better for each other now and we were probably much better prepared for marriage given that we were older. I'm also probably a much better Mom now, than If I had started at 21/22.
Anyway babe, you were handpicked for me and I'm grateful every minute that we have each other.
Here's to the memories!
Our Songs:
Friends: Anything and everything Dashboard
Dating Songs: Jason Mraz, I'm yours
Gavin Rossdale, Love remains the same
Chris Brown's, I need you boo (I know...you're so proud this ones on the list, but you can't deny that it's packed with memories of our dating)
Red Jump Suit Apparatus, When I see you smile
Wedding Song/first dance: Kelly Sweet, Ready for love
Important locations:
Our Hang outs: Bellevue apartment
Rachel's condo
Green Lake
Nordstrom
Movie theatres
Kirkland on the water
First Kiss: Seattle airport
First Date: Martha Lake, Rachel's condo, Subway, and Macaroni Grill
First I love you: The Gazebo
Proposal: Bellevue Museum of Modern Art
Engagements: Gas works park
Bridals: The Woodmark
Marriage: Seattle Temple
Reception: Kirkland Heritage Hall
Honeymoon: Woodmark in Kirkland
Our Many Homes:
Heartland in Rexburg
Your parents house, a bunch of random hotels between WA and Oregon and then back at your parents house (there was about 7 moves in there)
Spokane Cedar Park
Spokane Valley
Pasco, townhome
(I get choked up thinking of all our homes we've made so many memories in)
Marriage Highlights:
Two weeks of no responsibility, living in Rexburg with no jobs or school and staying up till 3 am playing cards and sleeping in till noon.
Finding out we were pregnant with Boss.
Finding out Boss was a boy.
Walking together at graduation hand in hand.
Getting into Grad school at Gonzaga.
Going through labor together.
All of our Spokane/Gonzaga memories.
Moving to our first house (I miss that place).
Finding out we were pregnant with Zeke.
Moving to Pasco and getting your first "big boy job".
All of our drives, dance parties, late nights, lazy Sundays, last minute road trips and the list could go on and ON AND ON.
I love you Dane. Thanks for all the memories.
Love,
Jill
| First Christmas together |
| Dates with the nieces and nephew |
| Honeymoon |
| First dinner as a married couple in our first home |
| Graduating together |
| Pregnant for the first time! (Had to be sure) |
![]() |
| One of our first family photos |
![]() |
| Late nights in Boston's first week home. Even though I was only half way sane I have some of the BEST memories of these first nights together |
| We're pregnant again! |
![]() |
| Dane sent this picture to me the morning of our wedding |
![]() |
| Camping in our apartment. The tent filled up the entire place |
![]() |
| Pregnant with Isaac |
| Back in the day when Dane and I first met. :) |
| Our wedding day was filled with little nieces and nephews surrounding us |
![]() |
| First dance |
![]() |
| Bridals at our honeymoon hotel |
![]() |
| Engagements at Gasworks park |
| Proposal in the museum |
| proposal at the museum (I had been crying) |
| Birthday/engagement day picnic at Gasworks |














1 comment:
cute i love reading stuff like this.
Post a Comment