In all of my praying about the many things I pray about one thought has constantly come back to me as a way to dramatically improve my circumstances...better nutrition! I've felt for about 2 years now a STRONG push to make some big changes in my nutritional life. Not a diet, not a lose weight thing, but a lifestyle change that I can make permanent.
The desire is one thing, acting on the desire is a whole other beast. I've gone through lots of ups and downs in trying to revamp my eating/exercising lifestyle, but have yet to make something stick. I feel like I'm a pretty healthy person in general, but I've known there's still a lot of area to improve...
bring on pregnancy.
Since being pregnant I've been diagnosed with a fun little auto immune disease that unfortunately is here to stay, however diet can affect how pleasant or unpleasant that little disease makes life for me. This would be reason # 1 to get healthy!
Apparently having babies is pretty hard on my body physically and mentally, and eating right (especially eliminating caffeine and processed sugars) is pretty bad for anxiety. Reason #2 to get healthy.
And I like to think of getting Gestational diabetes as my final slap in the face, from my body saying, "Wake up and eat healthy girl!!!" Reason # 3 to get healthy.
So now I've been basically forced to eat extremely healthy and while I'm not a fan of all the reasons why, I am honestly grateful for some big fat motivators to get me on the right track. Now I have an easy little system to follow.
I eat 30 gr of carbs for breakfast, 45-60 gr of carbs for lunch and dinner and 3 15g carb snacks a day. If I follow this, I should be good....or at least it should help, who knows they may still need to put me on medicine, but good thing is I only have about 8 more weeks to go! And maybe I can go into post baby with some really good habits under my belt and keep up this healthy eating!
Today I ate oatmeal for breakfast and a protein shake, some cheese and a corn tortilla for snack, and wheat bread with peanut butter and honey and cherries for lunch. It's actually a lot of eating, I'm trying to find ways to get in all my snacks without being too stuffed!
Here's to healthy eating.
PS The dietician said, "I would tell you to get activity in between meals, but with your 2 year old I imagine that's happening." Smart woman. :)
1 comment:
i found it way easier to stay active after my first. those other kids definitely keep you busy!
Post a Comment