![]() |
| I think Boss was just about a month old here. |
So one day I decided to look at my day as a work day, not a day off. For some, that may sound depressing but I actually found it quite enlightening. Instead of thinking of MYSELF all day and how best I could entertain myself, I thought of what I needed to do for work that day and I ended up being incredibly productive. (This day of enlightenment happened to be on THIS day that I blogged about).
Instead of thinking of my hour and a half to myself while Boston slept as not that great, "I wish he'd sleep longer" I thought about how awesome it is that my job allows for hour and a half long lunch breaks! One of the main duties of my job is to play with my son and help meet his needs. That sure beats sales calls, data entry and any number of other tasks I did in my old jobs. I also am the CEO of this house, which means I pay the bills, manage our money, clean the house and cook the food. But I can do all of that with music playing or a movie to watch, or a book or talk to listen to. This job rocks!
I realized, well I already knew this, but on this day it sunk in that the purpose of my life is to serve, not to be entertained. And If I serve with a happy heart I will have more joy than any amount of "entertainment" could ever bring me. I believe my main job in life will be to raise my children and run my household. Some may think that's a really old school way of thinking, but I honestly wouldn't want it any other way. Yes, there's sacrifice involved in this job. I do give up my free time and some sleep and the ability to buy more things, but it's kind of like trading in 20 bucks, and getting about a million in return. The blessings and joy that come from this job FAR outweigh any sacrifice on my part.
I gotta say, my job's pretty amazing. :) Plus I have the cutest "Boss" around. (cheesy I know...had to throw it in there).

No comments:
Post a Comment