Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Wierd things I do as a Mom

Today I caught myself doing something (that I always do) but for the first time thinking, "ew that's kind of gross and a little weird".  Being a Mom changes what you once thought was gross.

Like for example poo used to be gross, but in the last year it comes up in many of mine and Dane's conversations about Boston.  We've even had times we've cheered for poo.  (I know you parents know what I'm talking about).

The thing I found my self doing today was this,

I see Boston walking around moving his little chompers, so I know he has something in his mouth and I can tell by the way he's chomping that it's probably food, not plastic, but I'm not sure if it's gross old food he found in some random corner of the kitchen or a piece I missed in his high chair, or maybe just some gross weird item that's not plastic, but still not edible that he found somewhere else. 

So, I reach in his mouth pull out what he's chewing, examine if it's edible and then shove it back in his mouth if it is.  That's gross right?!  But sadly, SOOO natural for me. Ever since Boston started eating real food he has stinky breathe a lot and this weird part of me kinda likes his stinky cute little breathe (I'm sure not every Mom relates to me on that one...that's probably just a weird Jill thing)

I also am constantly picking Boston's nose looking for boogers, and running to the changing table with excitment if Dane tells me Boston has a crazy diaper and shouts, "you've gotta see this".  I mean what is wrong with me?  Being a Mom has turned me into a 12 year old boy.  Obsessed with all things gross! 

Boston quite a few months ago with those adorable kissy lips
It's not all gross being a Mom though.  There's tons of yummy goodness that I never knew existed.  Like for example, did you know that half of a little baby's body is made of pure butter?  That's why I could just spend all day kneading Boston's little thighs like dough...pure butter I tell you. 

And his lipys are the most kissable things you've ever seen.  To die for! 

Well there it is,  I've become a little gross, a little weird and a little obsessed.

1 comment:

Marty & Meghan Rich said...

jill you have always been a little gross, a little wierd and a little obsessed. hahahah i love you meg