D.A.D. day has been a tradition for 2 years now. Last year I accidentally celebrated the day 1 month early. This year I forgot all about D.A.D. day (given that it is a made up Holiday) and we didn't celebrate until 11 days late. I think the tradition is now that we will never actually celebrate on Dane's half birthday. :) We had a great time though. Dane and I slept in and when he woke up there were Hershey's kisses all over him, with a trail leading from the bed to the couch where I placed a bunch of goodies (Mountain Dew, Lime chips, cookies, and a card) for him. Then I took him out to Taco Bell (his favorite). We never go out to eat anymore so this was a treat for both of us. Then we came home, relaxed, played some games, and then packed some snacks and headed out to Golf. I didn't Golf (the belly would get in the way) so we got a cart and I was the driver/caddy. It was a lot of fun watching Dane golf with his nice clubs and he played a really good game with some beautiful shots. We took our time talking, eating snacks, and just enjoying the outdoors. Dane and I came back after golfing and played with our nieces and nephews that are in town from Michigan. It was Dane's moms birthday that day so all the kids came over and made dinner and ate ice cream cake together. Dane had a great day and so did I. It's sometimes more fun to do things for Dane than it is to have him do things for me, just because I love seeing how excited and happy he gets when I go out of my way for him. He is a great husband and deserving of 365 Dane appreciation days a year!
Monday, July 26, 2010
Dane Appreciation Day
D.A.D. day has been a tradition for 2 years now. Last year I accidentally celebrated the day 1 month early. This year I forgot all about D.A.D. day (given that it is a made up Holiday) and we didn't celebrate until 11 days late. I think the tradition is now that we will never actually celebrate on Dane's half birthday. :) We had a great time though. Dane and I slept in and when he woke up there were Hershey's kisses all over him, with a trail leading from the bed to the couch where I placed a bunch of goodies (Mountain Dew, Lime chips, cookies, and a card) for him. Then I took him out to Taco Bell (his favorite). We never go out to eat anymore so this was a treat for both of us. Then we came home, relaxed, played some games, and then packed some snacks and headed out to Golf. I didn't Golf (the belly would get in the way) so we got a cart and I was the driver/caddy. It was a lot of fun watching Dane golf with his nice clubs and he played a really good game with some beautiful shots. We took our time talking, eating snacks, and just enjoying the outdoors. Dane and I came back after golfing and played with our nieces and nephews that are in town from Michigan. It was Dane's moms birthday that day so all the kids came over and made dinner and ate ice cream cake together. Dane had a great day and so did I. It's sometimes more fun to do things for Dane than it is to have him do things for me, just because I love seeing how excited and happy he gets when I go out of my way for him. He is a great husband and deserving of 365 Dane appreciation days a year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
you're a way better wife than me! shawn barely lets me celebrate his birthday. you look great, and looks like you guys have been having tons of fun!
Post a Comment