Pregnancy is going great. I'm 33 1/2 weeks along and feeling good. My anxiety's down my energy's up. Granted I do nap at least 3 times a week when Boss does, but I'm feeling plenty of energy to get done the things I need to. Time is also FLYING as it has this whole pregnancy. I'm feeling like I have SO much to do before the baby gets here. Maybe I'm hitting my nesting phase?
My health is doing really well. I was somewhat worried and stressed when I found out I had gestational diabetes but things have been going really well. I'm on a really specific but simple to follow diet and after working out some complications with my tracker my blood sugar has been right within the range it should be. Ya! Looks like I won't have to go on meds and we can just control this with diet. The other bonus is that I haven't gained any weight in weeks. In total I've gained less than 10 lbs which is really nice since I started this pregnancy needing to lose at least 20 lbs.
I also attended my first Prenatal Yoga class. It was awesome. Perfect combo of exercise and relaxation and stretching my achy bones. I loved it. It's a 6 week series so I have 5 more classes to attend. Plus I got to meet a bunch of other preggy women and I enjoy getting out every now and then and getting a little girl/me time.
The best news I have is that baby is finally head down (he was a little late in getting there) and he's only measuring about a week big as opposed to 2 weeks big like he was. My dr. and I are very happy. :)
Today was my little family's 4th annual Dane appreciation day. In case you don't understand this holiday it's something we invented when we were engaged. Dane felt that Valentines day was really all about the girl and not much about the boy, so we decided that Dane would give me Valentines day and pamper me and I would give him his own day (his half birthday) which has turned into Dane appreciation day. Every year on this day I give him frivolous or fun gifts that he normally wouldn't buy himself and we usually do something fun, like Golf and I basically just tell him how awesome he is all day long. This year he was sick so we postponed his homemade Cafe Rio dinner for tomorrow night (since he couldn't enjoy it today and I didn't know pork took like 100 hours to cook) and instead I made him chicken and baked potatoes. Boston and I presented Dane with a card, a song and presents stashed in a pillow case. This year I got him a grilling kit with a few extras. I think he felt appreciated and that is the goal. :) Tomorrow, dinner will be AMAZING, can't wait.
Life is really good right now.
PS To my friends that have been trying to reach me, my Mom's been in town so I've been a little MIA. I will call you soon...don't feel bad! :)
2 comments:
I am so happy to hear everything is going so good!!! I hope you have that little guy here soon.. (but not too soon)... Love you
I'm surprised you still do that. You are such a nice wife!
Post a Comment