Monday, January 2, 2012

Officially Pregnant

I still haven't seen my Dr. yet to "confirm" I'm pregnant and maybe hear a little heart beat, but I told Dane yesterday that I'm "officially" pregnant.  I threw up 3 times.  I think I'm probably like 6- 8 weeks along and I've been feeling flu like ever since I found out I was pregnant, but no throwing up until yesterday.  I'm trying to have a good attitude though and just focus on the positive with this pregnancy.  So last night after Dane rushed after me to the bathroom as I threw up in a trash can on my way to the toilet, Dane immediately washed out the can and offered to clean the toilet so I could have a nice clean place to throw up in (he's a good guy) I went back to bed and told Dane I must be growing a healthy baby (I've heard being sick is a good sign) and I'm grateful for that. I also would rather deal with "morning sickness" than anxiety and I'm doing great with the latter, so I'm grateful for that too.

I also started a pregnancy journal (I did the same thing with Boston) but I started a new addition to this journal.  I write 100 pregnancy blessings every day (although I didn't do this on vacation) in 10 different categories.  For example some of the categories are ,

10 Ways the Lord showed me he loves me today
10 Ways this pregnancy blesses my future
10 Ways I've been blessed in this pregnancy today

etc...etc...

The list is on my other computer but maybe I'll fill you in on the other 7 categories another time.  Anyway I do this at the end of the day and it really helps me to feel really positive before bed, which I think is a great shield against anxiety.

I also have been e-mailing with an herbalist (I feel so granola saying that) and she is gonna make up all sorts of teas and remedies for me to strengthen my nervous system on a daily basis and some calming teas that can be used on the spot if I do have major anxiety one night.

I changed my OB this time around to a Nurse midwife who seems great and comes highly recommended and I think that will be a lot better for me as she'll have more time with her patients than your average OB.  I also felt like my OB thought I was stupid and didn't care about my concerns and was rush, rush, rushing me.  I'm sure not all OB's are like that, but I also understand that they don't have as much time for every patient, given that they have so much to do and so many patients.  My Nurse midwife delivers at the same hospital Boston was born in, and I liked that hospital, so that'll be good.

I also am interviewing Doula's right now, so I can have someone who'll come labor at home with Dane and I and while at the hospital.  Even though I have a Nurse midwife, she will still have other patients and not be with Dane and I the whole time, but a Doula is there just for me and I think  I will really like that.  She'll also teach me childbirthing classes (I'm thinking of Hypnobirthing) and I think that will be great because I'm insistent on going natural this time.  I don't want to deal with all the medicines and epidural yuckiness of last time.

So there it is! I've got my ducks in a row and we'll see how it all works out.  My plans may all go south, but It helps me to feel much more relaxed to have a plan. :)  Anyway, besides feeling sick and only eating applesauce (Thanks Bekie for the canned Apple sauce you gave us forever ago...it's so good!) things are going great.  :)

3 comments:

Adrianna said...

I hope you don't feel too yucky! But at least it is a sign that the baby is growing well. :) I had a doula and delivered with a midwife and just had the BEST experience. I did it without drugs and while it was definitely painful it was an amazing experience. I wouldn't plan on doing it any other way. Have you read Ina May Gaskin's Guide to Childbirth? I recommend it. Best of luck!

Jill and Dane said...

Hey Adrianna,

So I tried to write a comment on your blog but realize I left it on one of the blogs you follow. Whoops! So anyway,

I was just saying that I'm glad to hear you did the exact route that I plan on doing and it worked out so well for you! Good to know. I haven't read that childbirth guide but I'll look into it. Also, did you deliver in a hospital? Just curious. Hope things are going well for you!

Bexie Funk said...

congrats! very exciting!