Friday, January 6, 2012

First baby appointment

We got to see our little gummy bear today!  The Nurse midwife confirmed we're about 8 weeks along.  Just what I was expecting.  They weren't planning on giving me an ultrasound today, but since I asked, she did a little hand held ultrasound that looked like a GPS.  She placed the wand on my tummy and I held the screen.  It was pretty cool. 


Can't wait for our official ultrasound next week.  I'll have to get my blood drawn then too.  They tried to take my blood today, but I was a bit dehydrated and they couldn't find a vein.  Better luck next week!

I've been feeling pretty great for the last couple days so that's been awesome too, but my CNM left a nausea medication for me at the pharmacy just in case.  :)


In other life news, Boston is still as cute as ever.  He likes to wear his snuggie (that's his blanket) like a cape all day long and he's getting more "big boy" every day.  We find his little matchbox cars all over the house.  His toys went from being mostly unisex baby toys, to total big boy toys.  He's got 3 dump trucks and tons of little matchbox cars that he likes to race all over the house while making his best car sound (it's kinda of just a growl...which is his noise for everything).

Dane's working hard applying for jobs and interviewing.  We're headed to Bellevue, Wa next week for an interview.  Fingers crossed.  Gotta admit it's been nice having Dane home with me after a long and busy last semester of school.  :)


Life is good.  

No comments: