So the wedding drama begins....
Yesterday was a very up and down day for me. Everyone keeps telling me that being engaged really is not the most fun, just because there is so much planning to do, and usually everything does not go quite as planned. I became well aware of this fact yesterday. Dane and I are not engaged yet, because Dane wants to have my ring for me before he proposes. I told him all along he could pick my ring for me, but he insisted I pick it out, because he wants me to REALLY love it. So I found my dream ring at Shane co. It is beautiful! But I wanted to be able to trade in my old ring and get a discount on the new ring, and Shane co. does not do this. So I found a custom jeweler who told me he will let me trade in my old ring, and he will make me a ring just like the Shane co. one. At this point I am very excited. :) In the mean time Dane has put down a deposit at Shane co. on the ring of my dreams, just in case all doesn't go as planned...which it did not. So, yesterday morning my custom jeweler calls me and tells me that he can make the ring for me, but it will be about $10,000....hmm just a tiny bit out of our price range, we needed something around $7,500 less than that, but thanks anyways. So I am really disappointed, and I decide that instead of having him make a ring for me I will just pick a new one at this custom jeweler that he has in stock, because since Shane co. won't give me trade in, I can't afford the ring of my dreams from them either. So I call up Shane co. and ask if we can take the ring off hold and get our full deposit back. To my surprise we find out that Shane co. has just filed chapter 11, and the courts have frozen all of our funds, and we cannot get our deposit back, unless we use it as a store credit!!!! So now Dane and I can't get the ring of my dreams, and we also have to forfeit alot of money, unless we go with Shane co. So, after a long long day of phone calls and visits...and a lil' crying inside of Shane co., we got them to do a trade in on my old ring, give us the ring of my DREAMS, and all for the exact price we asked for! Dane has now pushed me out of all future dealings with the ring, and he won't let me know when the ring is done, (the diamond still has to be set), and he won't let me know when he is going to pick it up. Dane is pretty excited that I have no idea when the diamond will be done, because this is his only chance at surprising me! :) So....we are not even engaged yet, but have already experienced a tiny bit of the "wedding planning chaos"!
PS... my friend told me my school's event center was free for students to rent, and I thought this would be perfect for our reception...but when I called they said she was totally mistaken and it's $1,000. I don't know about her, but for me, free and $1,000 is a big difference.... :( Oh well... i will keep on searching for a venue!
5 comments:
All I can say is I am pumped to see your ring! Oh and score on getting that jewelry store to trade your ring in, that rocks!
that story is one you will look back on and laugh..love you.
Jill...I will apologize now but this post made me laugh. I thought at the end you were going to say that it didn't work out...I'm glad you got your dream ring even though there was so much drama!!!
PS I'm glad that you like my playlist. I need to update it as well as my posts!
i can't wait to see this ring that has caused such drama in the life of jill and daners!
oh happy day! that's great, i'm really excited to see it! and that neighborhood is beautiful!
Post a Comment