When I first started at Nordstrom, no one in my department liked me, for alot of reasons like, I didn't take their crap, They thought I stole sales (I did not), they would steal my sales, talk behind my back, and just be plain rude to me. This was very strange for me cause I had never been in a work situation where people didn't like me. I came to realize later that the girls are just like that with every new person. Over time my department has really come to like me, and we all have our own unique little bond. Samri and I have dance parties when things get a little boring, Judi and I jabber on about nothing for hours, Christina tells me about all the crazies she should not be dating, and Alex and I had a blast playing "1, 2, 3...pick"! A new girl has just started in my place and I was talking to her the other day about how she feels like everyone hates her, is stealing her sales, and feels like she is never doing a good enough job. She told me she feels like I am her only Aly and she is so sad I'm leaving. Then she says, "Gosh, everybody here just loves you, I wish it were like that for me". I told her to not worry, and that it was the exact same thing for me a year ago. I almost laughed seeing myself in that new girl, and now leaving Nordstrom with nothing but love. :) So here's a big thanks to everyone who contributed to my ups downs and very memorable experience at Nordstrom!
- JB
These pictures are from the girls taking me out to dinner to say goodbye!
No comments:
Post a Comment