Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I won't give up

Jason Mraz

"I Won't Give Up"
Hmmmm ... Hmmmm ... Hmmmm ... Hmmm ...

When I look into your eyes
It's like watching the night sky
Or a beautiful sunrise
There's so much they hold
And just like them old stars
I see that you've come so far
To be right where you are
How old is your soul?

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

And when you're needing your space
To do some navigating
I'll be here patiently waiting
To see what you find

'Cause even the stars they burn
Some even fall to the earth
We've got a lot to learn
God knows we're worth it
No, I won't give up

I don't wanna be someone who walks away so easily
I'm here to stay and make the difference that I can make
Our differences they do a lot to teach us how to use
The tools and gifts we got yeah, we got a lot at stake
And in the end, you're still my friend at least we did intend
For us to work we didn't break, we didn't burn
We had to learn how to bend without the world caving in
I had to learn what I've got, and what I'm not
And who I am

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up
Still looking up.

I won't give up on us (no I'm not giving up)
God knows I'm tough enough (I am tough, I am loved)
We've got a lot to learn (we're alive, we are loved)
God knows we're worth it (and we're worth it)

I won't give up on us
Even if the skies get rough
I'm giving you all my love
I'm still looking up

I love these song lyrics.  Mine and Dane's song is Jason Mraz's "I'm yours".  It's a fun, adorable, playful love song and that perfectly describes our relationship in many ways...especially in the beginning.  As we've grown together and faced some trials together, this song above makes me think of my Dane and how much I love him.  I'm mostly thinking of this right now because my anxiety's been pretty high since we moved...mostly just at night, so I'm working through it and preparing for what postpartum might be like.  My postpartum and dealing with all of that is the hardest thing Dane and I have had to do together.  Him having to watch me struggle and not feel like he can help a ton and me struggling to feel peace.  I'm hoping with all that I'm doing to help myself things will be so much different for me this next time, but I'm also prepared that we might still be in for some difficult times.  

It's hard to go through trials, or repeat the same trials, but there are also so many blessings that come from them.  For one, I've really been able to see what a great team Dane and I make.  He is my rock in so many ways and I think somehow I've been a rock for him as well.  He's my best friend and I'm utterly devoted to him and he is beyond devoted to me.   Different lyrics in this song kinda feel like my anthem for my Dane, my boys, my Heavenly Father and myself.   My favorite lines are "Cause even the stars they burn, some even fall to the earth, We've got a lot to learn, God knows we're worth it, No I won't give up".  

Anyway...that's enough Sap for one night.  :) 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jill, when you describe how your anxiety feels it reminds me so much of when Kraig and I moved to Oklahoma and I was alone with my thoughts all day. There was a song a woman wrote that I was privileged to sing with a lady in my ward. The lyrics have stuck with me. They are a scripture-the song goes like this

Be still

and know that I am God

Let your heart be comforted

For all flesh is in mine hands

Fear ye not

Be still

My peace I leave with you

My peace I give unto you

Let not your heart be troubled

Neither let it be afraid

I loved, love, love these words and I seriously wanted to put them above my sink when I was going through all that. You’re such a great and strong mother, I know you will do such a good job caring for your two little guys!

Jill and Dane said...

Ooh I like those lyrics! Those would be great to Frame and have to look at. Thanks! :)