Friday, September 30, 2011

Boston's "Goodnight Moon" birthday

The Goodnight Moon themed invitation that Dane designed

The poem I wrote for the back of Boss' invite

Big birthday boy in his birthday outfit!


All of his birthday gifts...and the red balloon


We're in love



Grandma Tresa!

He loved that Red balloon


The husbands and Dane's buddies.

Eating his miniature cake

I made that cute little cake for him and he was slow to start but devoured it...and was on a sugar high for hours

I love his hair

Kinda like my birthday... :)

digging in for his presents

His buddy Owen.  These two have been buds from the womb

I put quotes from the book all over the walls

Sam and HelenAnn

Dane bbq'd for the boys

Shauna and Owey

Julia and Leila

Adrienne and Brett

The spread.

The cake I made. 


Individual veggie dips


homemade butterfingers...yum



The table was made to look like a bed and all the food was themed around the book.

red balloons



My copy of GNM.  It's been in the family for years


We had everyone sign Boston's birthday book

I rented 50 books from the library and place them all over the house for kids to grab and read


I made the favors out of old baby food jars.  Wrapped some ribbon around, stuck a letter to the front and filled them with Mike and Ikes

The jars spelled, "Happy b day Boston"

Decorated the Armour



kinda like pin the tail on the donkey?



I made the stars out of scrapbook paper and chip board letters

I modge podged some frames





Diving into birthday cake on the actual big day...little Joker baby



Boston had a great birthday!  We went decorated, celebrated with friends and family and played, played and played.  On his actual birthday (on Sunday) we went to church, bbq'd and let Boston run around naked most the day.  :)  We themed his birthday around GNM because that is the book I read him every night before bed and it was my book growing up.  I had a blast planning his party.  The night before the party we decorated the house and Boston woke up just as we got done decorating, so Daddy walked him around the house to show Boss' all the decorations and Boss was in awe.  It was pretty cute. :) 

The most special thing about Boston's birthday though, was that his Grandma got to be there for it!  The year has just flown by and Dane and I still are in denial that we are parents to a toddler.  A toddler!  When did that happen?  Best year of our lives, that's for sure.  We can't wait for the many more to come with this fun little guy! 

Boston's 1 year stats:
Head: 75th%
Weight: 50%
Height: 75-90%

Boston worked hard at getting his first tooth here by his birthday and sure enough, it popped through just in time.  He knows how to do/respond to lots of baby signs now and has fun showing them off.  He knows how to sign sleep, food, yes, no, wave bye, all done and I think that's it for now.  He's picking them up quicker these days so we are gonna add some more to the mix.  It's fun to communicate with him, we all get a kick out of it. 

Boston claps and runs and dances, and points and blows and laughs and peekaboo's and kisses and hugs and adds new funny accomplishments to the mix every day.

His only words are still 
Momma
Bob
Dadda

and in that order. :) 

Happy birthday darling boy!   We love you 365 times more than we did the day you were born and we started out loving you a bazillion!

1 comment:

Petersons said...

you did an amazing job decorating!! I love it, all the detail was awesome, good job! looks like you guys had so much fun. can't believe Boss is so old,sweet boy!