| Delicious (and might I add, beautiful) omelet that Dane made me for breakfast. |
| Made from scratch Focaccia bread. |
| Sunday dinner |
| How much do you think he actually consumed? |
| Made from scratch rhubarb pie |
Making the bread was so much fun and the process is beautiful! I followed this video step by step for the bread and this blog for the pie. For the rest of dinner I just made us our favorite cranberry salad, wild rice, and beans...with a lil' pineapple on the side. :)
Survey says? (Meaning did Dane like it?)
Dane loved the dinner and prefers wild rice to any other kind, which makes me happy cause it is much better for you than white and even brown.
He liked the bread quite a bit. Our only critiques are that it's a little salty and a little dense, but it had some GREAT flavor. I will have to work on letting it rise better next time.
Dane didn't like the pie as a whole. It was his first time having rhubarb and he thought it was way too tart. However he could not stop raving about the pie crust. I have to say, it might be the best pie crust I've ever tasted. Buttery and flaky delicious! I loved the pie. The rhubarb was a little tart though, so maybe next time I will try a strawberry rhubarb pie.
Boston loved his salad and beans, although I'm not sure much made it to his mouth.
I love cooking good food for my family. Happy Sunday!
1 comment:
That food really looked like a piece of art! Help me make dinner that will impress Kraig! :)
Post a Comment