We have had a great last four months together here in Rexburg. I haven't been posting pics. lately so I will tell you all what we have been up to in the pictures. Dane and I have had a lot of fun here in the Good Ol' Burg. We miss Seattle a lot. Especially the Fall season. Rexburg has summer, then Winter, and that's about it. We miss Seattle rain, and our FAVORITE restaraunts, and of course our family and close friends. We also miss being only a few hours away from Dane's family. What we do love about Rexburg, is our cheap but nice apartment, tons of GREAT friends, being back in school, and doing some of our favorite Rexburg only activities. Over the 7 week school break Dane and I had no jobs, so had lots of little "mini adventures". One night we took a drive out to R mountain, and found a hill with an awesome view. We parked, set up a comfy bed in the back of Focy, and watched a movie, with LOTS of yummy snacks, while looking out over a beautiful view! It was very fun, until it got dark and I got freaked out we might be eaten by a wolf, so Dane drove to a well lit camp site near our house, and we finished our movie there. Not as fun for Dane, but what can I say... he knew I was a baby when he "picked" me up. :)
When it was a little warmer we loved going to Porter Park to just chill. One day we brought blankets and pillows and Dane brought Macy (that's our Mac laptop... we tend to nickname everything we own... and every name ends with a Y... again...weird I know) to watch a movie on, while I brought my fav. book Wuthering Heights. Across the park a band was playing lots of covers from John mayor, Jason Mraz, etc... so it was fun having some chill music in the background. We made a last minute trip to Boise for Dane to chill with some of his boys, and we had a great time. More recently we went to the haunted corn maze with Candice, Cody and some other friends. We love having them here, and will miss them, when they move to IF! :( The corn maze was fun, and we got lost for hours...good exercise though! Dane wanted us to stay lost because his philosophy is that we paid 12 bucks to get lost in a maze, so the more lost we are, the more we get for our money.... Oh Dane... I love this boy. 2 nights ago Dane and Cody (along with Natalie's husband Grant and a guy named Eric) all performed for their last time in Guitars unplugged. Dane and Cody have performed in this almost every year with their now retired band, "Sir Rupius". Dane had a lot of fun practicing, and getting time to just jam with Cody. He loves performing with this kid, and EVERYBODY in Rexburg knows Dane and Cody for, 'Sir Rupius'. Almost every time Dane and I go out, somebody comes up to him, remembering him from his band. When they tried out all the judges and other performers remembered their band, and would say things like, "I saw you play in Pocatello... I came to your show in IF... which one of you wore the cape"? Which by the way... the cape boy would be my husband. It's Dane's signature. With out the cape, Dane can't be goofy and jump around. I asked Dane a few times before the performance if he thought he could do with out the cape... now that he is a grown up, but that was out of the question. I had a blast watching him perform, and having so much fun. At the end of the show, to show my support I shouted, "Dane you rocked that cape"! And I have to say, he really did ROCK that cape. I'm sure our nephew Luke would have been proud. :)Dane said him and the guys were excited to have wives in the crowd (this is a Sir Rupius first). I remember watching Dane and Cody perform back in the day, and they would say things like, "this goes out to the ladies" and I always felt bugged by that... but now I am his Lady, and I was proud to be there! I posted a video from the show. You can tell they had a lot of fun with it! Anyways... that's pretty much our life right now! Post more later!
5 comments:
jill you look so cute in these pics. miss you
I was just thinking about you guys yesterday, wondering how things were going and Lo and Behold!, a new post with the update! It's like you were reading my mind! You guys are so cute, and we are so glad that you are having so much fun!
i miss you... i miss you so much i'm a little angry with you... you look great and so happy and i'm so glad that you all are doing well. it still doesn't help the fact that i miss you.
Aawwe, I miss rexburg so much! I'm so glad you guys are having fun! My sister said she cut Dane's hair the other week, (she works at Paul Mitchel) anyway having you guys there and my sis. makes me want to be there too! Can't wait to hang out at christmas!!
I knew we were supposed to be friends, even before you said you were obsessed with maps too. Now I'm certain we were meant to be friends:) Thanks for the comment
Post a Comment